I wanted to recommend the following resources.
1. How is a Bad Radio Station Like Our Public School System (Dubner)- The main focus of the episode is a fascinating New York City Department of Education pilot program called School of One, which customizes the classroom experience for each student.
2. Are You an Old School or A Bold School? (Richardson)- follow some bold initiatives and programs schools around the country are engaged in. Check out the "Learners First" section.
3. Teachers as Brain Changers: Neuroscience and Learning (Pillars)- bridging the gap between brain-based research and the classroom
4. On The Ground (Times Opinion Page)- Melinda Gates and Nicholas Kristof answer readers' questions about poverty.
5. The Value of Teachers (Kristof)- The difference between "good" and "bad" teachers and the role education plays in supporting the economy.
6. Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action- Simon Sinek has a simple but powerful model for inspirational leadership all starting with a golden circle and the question "Why?